Subject to modifications.
Swimming event at lake Fuschlsee
- registration is open
- full distance or half distance
- event of the Austrian Open Water Cup
- transport of clothes (start to finish)
- award ceremony on Saturday evening
Athletes from near and far travel to Fuschl am See every year to take on the unique challenge of crossing Lake Fuschlsee armed with nothing more than a wetsuit.
This event was created in 2013 by the 4**** Roadbike- and Triathlonhotel Mohrenwirt in memory of our friend Peter who tragically died in an accident.
Working in close cooperation with the organisers of the regular Fuschlseelauf running event, we were able to come up with a combined competition comprising swimming and running, with the winners being crowned Fuschlsee Man and Fuschlsee Woman.
The Fuschlseecrossing is part of the Alpen Open Water Cup series.
One competition, two courses
Choose between full distance and half-distance
Competitors can select either the full distance 4,2 km (crossing of Lake Fuschlsee) or the shorter half-distance option 2,1 km, which sees swimmers take to the water in the middle of the lake and swim to the finish.
Participants are limited to 260 - register early to save your starting position!
There are for both distances for men and women two agegroups: W40, W40+, M40, M40+
until 30.05.2018 from 1.06.2018
50 EUR 60 EUR
Information for competitors
- Attention! We released the conditions for participation: For safety reasons all swimmers must now wear wetsuits only covering their legs (short arms are allowed).
- Swim aids such as flippers are not permitted
- Participants take part in the event at their own risk
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary physical fitness to take part; if asked participants must provide a doctor's certificate confirming that they are fit to take part
- The event organisers emphasise that this is an open-water event taking place in Lake Fuschlsee; participants must be aware of the water temperature in the lake
- No liabilityis assumed for theft or incidents such as accidents, illnesses or deaths
- For competitors born between 2000 and 2004, the signature of a parent or guardian must be provided on the registration form
- In the case of poor weather conditions(storms, thunder and lightning) the organising committee reserves the right to change the start time or course, or to cancel the event at short notice
- No refund will be provided on participation fees
Please read the desclaimer carfully, which are part of the registration process.
Combination: Fuschlseecrossing and Fuschlseelauf
Who will be the next "Fuschlsee Man" or Fuschlsee Woman"?
You can combine the Fuschlseecrossing (swim) on 26.08. and the Fuschlseelauf (run) on 27.08.2017 to become the "Fuschlsee Man" or "Fuschlsee Woman".
until 30.05.2018 from 1.06.2018
75 EUR 85 EUR
|Fuschlsee Man/Woman||Fuschlsee Man/Woman "light"|
For the age classes m/w 1(age group 1978 - 2001 = up to 40 yrs old) and m/w 2 (age group 1977 and below) = 40 yrs and older) there will be separated rankings and trophies in the following competitions:
- Fuschlseecrossing 4,2 km,
- Fuschlseecrossing light 2,1 km,
- Fuschlsee Man/ Woman and
- Fuschlsee Man/ Woman light
- 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. registration (also for combination Fuschlseecrossing / Fuschlseelauf)
- 9:00 - 12:00 p.m. information about both competitions
- 12:00 p.m. race briefing (attendance required!)
- 12:20 p.m. bus transfer to the start of the short distance 2,1 km
- 01.00 p.m. start of the short distance - beach Stöllinger
- 12:45 Uhr Bustransfer zum Start der 4,2 km
- ca 13:30 Uhr Eintreffen der ersten Schwimmer
- 14:00 Uhr Start Fuschlseecrossing 4,2 km - Hofer Naturbadestrand
- ab 16:30 Uhr Finisher-Buffet
- ca 17:30 Uhr Siegerehrung
Parking spaces are available in the car park located opposite the Fuschlseebad leisure centre (parking fees apply). There is a free shuttle bus running from the finish area back to the start area.
Please note that any accompanying persons will be charged the entrance fee to the Fuschlseebad and cannot join the shuttle bus to the swim-start.